Many people are required to pick up or master new words and vocabulary. It can help you describe an event or emotion. It can also help you understand what other people think and their opinions. This article will show you how to learn new vocabulary efficiently. Pick the right book, you can choose a book that you would like to read or read a book from a series, or topic that you enjoy. You should be ready to read after borrowing and eager to learn new words. You could pick a book in the public library or in a school library. You can also listen to audiobooks, both Epic and Scribd provide audiobooks to read. Don’t just memorize. Achieve mastery. Ditch the flash cards and stop memorizing definitions. Vocabularybuilder.in teaches you words by systematically exposing you to a wide array of question types and activities that will help you understand all the meanings and nuances of every word you’re learning.
Prepare somewhere to write down new words, it is best to keep your new words somewhere to look later and revise. Consider making flashcards, as they are a great tool for revision. You could use a new word list table or create one yourself. Think about the best layout for a table or document that will help you remember new words, and create a document that works for you. You could create your new word list in a document like a Google Doc or Word, or use a small notebook.
Word of the day: Learn English, Improve English, improve English and Prep for GRE, IELTS, SAT and other exams. More than 1000 English words with meaning and two examples on how to use it along with phonetics. Master your vocab one word a day and mark your favourite words. Test your English by taking up free quiz in basic, medium and advance levels. And the best news is, it’s all for free.
Word a day is the best free App to learn English, one word a day. No Stress of learning.
Every year, people from all over the world compete in the World Memory Olympics. In one event, they sit down at small tables and spend an hour memorizing the order of many decks of playing cards. That’s hundreds of cards, in order, for an hour. Sounds incredible, doesn’t it? But these people don’t just stare at the cards until they remember them. They use strategies (thought out plans) to help them memorize the cards. Even after you’ve achieved mastery, we’ll continue to reinforce what you have learned to make sure that it all stays fresh in your memory.
Many people who want to learn new English vocabulary start with flashcards, but you might find that it isn’t easy to remember new words this way. Why is that? Your brain has trouble remembering too many random things. And that’s all flashcards are—random words. Flashcards are great to remember words you already learned. But to actually learn a new word, you have to see it in a sentence, use it in your daily speech, or in any other way that will give it some context. Once you link the word with something bigger, it sticks better in your mind.
The idea behind this app is very simple. Learn new English word daily and do your best to use that daily word in your conversations. Until and unless you use that daily English word in your conversation, you cannot improve your command over the language.
– Learn one new English word a day
– Two examples on how to use that work in your conversation
– Listen to audio pronunciation of the work. Learn how to speak that English word in correct way
– Use it as flash cards and keep refreshing your memory
– Take English language quiz when you feel you have learned enough words
– Test your English knowledge using different levels of quiz test
– One new word 365 days of the year
– Impress everyone with your English knowledge and words usage
– You can learn basic, medium or advance words, based on your requirement
– Helpful for preparing for IELTS, GRE, SAT exams
– Increase your vocabulary sitting at home
– Best for students, home makers and working professional for whom English is not their first language
When you encounter words you do not know, you can use Word of the day: Learn English app and dictionary.com to look them up.
- You should write down any words that you wish to learn and keep it neat so you can look and revise them later.
- Write down the meaning of the word and alternative words from a thesaurus.
- Take little breaks while reading. It is better to read when you are in your best mood. Don’t force yourself to read if you don’t want to. Learn new words only if you are eager to learn.
Revise the words:
Not everyone has a great memory, so even if you collected those words and turn them into your own, you still want to revise. After revising them a couple of times, make sure you are confident with those words. Here is a little checklist of what you should be able to do after you revise 5-6 times:
- You can identify the word immediately and know what it means.
- You know how to use the word
- You know what it means in a sentence
- You are familiar with some thesaurus of that word.
Helpful for Students
Students preparing for their TOEFL, GRE, IELTS, TOEIC, SAT, ASVAB, PTE or ACT like tests will benefit tremendously in their education. If you check our reviews on play stores it does look like lots of students are benefiting immensely using this app’s help. Daily vocabulary words app has a very high retention ratio of amongst students. Best tutor was at work while carefully selecting important English vocabulary words. Through timely notification you are alerted about the Word of the day.
You will feel tremendous increase in your command and will appear much more confident and fluent while speaking. Quiz is another very attractive feature of this app. It will greatly improve your American English as well.